Packed with protein and full of fresh, fragrant greens, this quick and easy to make recipe for Thai green curry makes the perfect summer evening treat. This dish is ideal for summertime, with the healthy edamame beans and tender chunks of fish providing a lighter, fresher source of protein. If you’d prefer a vegan option, simply switch the fish for tofu or tempeh and leave out the fish sauce, this way you won't lose the protein benefits and can still enjoy a delicious veg Thai green curry.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 shallot
- 2cm piece of ginger
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 1 green chilli
- Small bunch of fresh Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon Fish sauce (vegans can use light soy sauce)
- 300g skinless cod fillets, chopped into 3cm pieces (for vegans, try tofu or tempeh)
- 35g green beans
- 35g edamame beans
- 400g tin coconut milk
- A few Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Half a lime
- To make the paste, peel and roughly chop the garlic, shallot, ginger and lemongrass, add to a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Roughly chop the chilli (keep the seeds if you want it spicier) and add to the food processor along with the rest of the curry paste ingredients, blitz until it forms a paste.
- To make the curry, add the paste to a pan and heat until it starts sizzling.
- Add coconut milk, mix thoroughly and bring to a simmer.
- Add the fish and vegetables to the sauce and cook gently for around 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- To serve, shred the lime leaves and sprinkle on top and add a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
- Try serving it with our coconut and lime rice, the perfect side for this dish, home cooked and delivered straight to your door.
For people on the go, Simple Foods delivers healthy, home cooked and ready-made meals like this straight to your front door or work space. Sustainable practices are hugely important to us and we want Simple Foods to be part of creating a better environment. Our UK based food boxes mindfully source produce from British farmers and we recycle or repurpose all of our packaging.